Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Little Things

    OK so call me a geek, call me a big kid but sometimes the simple things make me happy :)
For instance Velcro !

I decided that securing filters and flash triggers to my equipment with elastic bands was not very professional or reliable. Then I went to Maplins (UK) ans spotted these little Velcro rolls...


And they are brilliant ! Each role is a metre long, you can cut them to length. A choice of colours,  if you want to colour code your gear. 
Wrap a strip around the head of your speed light and it will grip a piece of coloured gel. 
Flash trigger hanging off the side of your strobe by its cable ? Use a strip of Velcro to secure it.
Packing gear, Wrap around loose light stand legs. Group gear together.
My Bowens studio flash does not have a hole to fit an umbrella shaft. So two lengths of Velcro wrapped around the body of the light gripping the umbrella shaft. Easy !
did I mention the choice of colours ? OK, so you get the point.

Here is the Maplins link


                             More t.k...




(The author will not be held responsible for the fate of small children and animals when using Velcro.)

No comments:

Post a Comment